While the world’s market place undergoes increasing globalization, business leaders and professionals are operating across national and cultural borders. Global mindset, leadership skills and behavior are in demand, if we are to work successfully with emerging cultural challenges and opportunities.
Global leadership competence can be developed on the basis of multicultural work experience supported by intercultural coaching.
Cross-cultural coaching puts our cultural norms, values and beliefs into perspective, and limiting assumptions are challenged. Coaching across cultures facilitates the discovery of solutions that can lie ‘outside-the-box’.
Coaching opportunities include
- vision, orientation, and goals
- career change and development, e.g. cultural transitions
- crisis and conflict resolution
- binding patterns in relationships, both professional and personal
- repatriation and integration